Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Still Life with Tulips (Orange and Blue)

still life tulips orange blue original pastel drawing painting contemporary floral artist janine aykens
"Still Life with Tulips (Orange and Blue)" Pastel 6" x 6"

This small, contemporary still life was created with soft pastel on Ampersand Aquabord, a panel made for working in watercolor.  (That is the brand name, hence the misspelling of "board.")  I thought the textured surface might work well for pastel, and I was not disappointed.  I do love working on my homemade surfaces, but sometimes it's nice to change things up...

A giclee reproduction print of this work is available at my Etsy shop, or click to bid on the original artwork up for auction.  The artwork is matted and ready to pop into a standard 11" x 14" frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment