Thursday, June 19, 2014

Still Life With Violets

still life violets bottle plant vase pastel contemporary drawing artist janine aykens
"Still Life With Violets" Pastel 10" x 8"
The largest of the contemporary still life works I've created lately...I used a different approach here, first creating a sketch, then printing that sketch on drawing paper.  I then mounted the paper to a piece of acid-free foam core, and coated it with a layer of clear primer.  The primer is textured to give me tooth for the application of pastel, but I could still see my sketch beneath.

It was a nice way to work, although I'd say I do enjoy the spontaneity of sketching right on my drawing surface and taking it from there.  Still, I may play around more with this method.

This original, framed artwork can be yours for as little as $14!  Click to bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment